Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Our weekend in the mountains!

So I can't believe that my summer is pretty much over. I started school last night and I have no idea how I am ever going to get everything done. It's a bit overwhelming but, I just have to keep reminding myself that I only have a few more months of classes. I've been lucky to have done a lot of my classes online since I've had Jaxton but, I have to leave him 3 nights a week now and then I will have to leave him everyday when I start my student teaching. I think that it's harder for me than for him. I know that in the end I will be happy plus, it's going to be easier to do it now when I only have one little kiddy.
Enough about that. My little Jax is getting so big. I took him to the doctor yesterday for a check up. Here are his stats:
Height: 33 1/2 inches -- He was off of the percentage chart, hopefully this means that he is going to be tall.
Weight: 27 lbs. -- 75%
Head: 19 in. -- 90%. I was super suprised because every other time he was barely at the 50%. I guess that he's got a lot of brains in there.

Jaxton has had a lot of haircuts but, it's so hard to cut it with scissors so we decided to let barber Dad shave his head. He was so good.
It turned out really good but, he's already about ready for another. His hair grows super fast.
This past weekend we went camping with Curtis' family and a few of our friends. We stayed at the Cook's Cabin. We left Thursday night and we stayed until Sunday. We had such a great time. Here's Jax on the horse with Grandpa Bryant. He LOVES horses.
We also went on a 50 mile fourwheeler/ranger ride to the horseshoe.
Jaxton's favorite thing to do while we were at the cabin was playing with the dogs and the dog food.

He tried to eat it a few times but, spit it out pretty quick. I guess that he figured since the dogs ate it that he could too.
We also had fun playing in the water on the boats.

I wish that I would have taken more pictures while we were up there but, I've become a slacker. It was a great way to end my summer. Thanks Jon and Candice for everything. We had a great time!

2 comments:

The Beesley's said...

Ok, what is it with boys and dog food??? Ty eats it all of the time, and now Kray always puts it in his mouth.. yuck! Your pictures are really cute, I love the last one of you three! Way cute family!

Brandon and Amanda Brady said...

I love the picture after he is finished with his hair cut. Sooo cute! That is funny about the dog food.